BUSINESS INFORMATION VIENNA
ADDRESSES Vienna is divided into 23 districts (Bezirke). Viennese
orientate them selves by the districts. Many streets occur in different
districts, so il is always important not only to know the names of the streets
but also the number of the district. 1st. 2nd etc. indicate the district
and so do the second and third digits of the postal code: 1010 Wien is Vienna's
first district, 1200 Wien is Vienna's 20th district. A complete Viennese
address consists of the street, followed by the house number (Hausnummer),
the staircase (Stiege) and the apartment number. For example: Annagasse
50 (house number) / 1 (staircase) / 8 (apartment number). Many Viennese
houses have of two or more staircases. lf there is only one staircase, it
is left out. In this case, the address would be: Annagasse 50 / 8 (apartment
- BAWAG: Seitzergasse 2-4, 1st, Tel. 534 53-0
- CREDITANSTALT BANKVEREIN CA: Schottengasse 6-8, 1st, Tel. 531 31-0
- DIE ERSTE: Graben 21, 1st, Tel. 531 00-0
- POSTSPARKASSE P.S.K. BANK: Wipplingerstrasse 1, 1st, Tel. 531 63-0
- BANK AUSTRIA: Am Hof 2, 1st, Tel. 711 99-0
- RAIFFEISEN ZENTRAL BANK RZB: Am Stadtpark 9, 3rd, Tel. 717 07
- AMERICAN BANK: Kärntner Strasse 21-23, 1st, Tel. 515 67
- BANK OF TOKYO: Schottenring 3-5, 1st, Tel. 310 61 94-0
- CHASE MANHATTAN BANK: Löwengasse 47, 3rd, Tel. 712 28 01-0
- CITIBANK: Lothringerstrasse 7, 1st, Tel. 717 17-0
- MERRILL LYNCH BANK: Bauernmarkt 2, 1st, Tel. 531 40
- ROYAL TRUST BANK: Rathausstrasse 20, 1st, Tel. 406 61 61-0
- AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Porzellangasse 35, 9th, Tel. 319 57
- EUROPEAN PATENT OFFICE: Schottenfeldgasse 29, 7th, Tel. 521 26-0
- GRT-ROBOL: Correspondent of Arthur Andersen & Co. Public accountants
and tax advisors. Prinz Eugen Strasse 72, 4th, Tel. 501 88-0
- STOCK EXCHANGE (Börse). Vienna's stock exchange was founded in
1771 by Empress Maria Theresia and is one of the oldest worldwide. Nowadays,
the Vienna stock exchange is only of regional importance. Tel. 534 99-0.
Infos on the stock prices: 1512 (Austrian), 1513 (others)
- VIENNA BUSINESS PROMOTION FUND: Information on the business location
of Vienna. Ebendorferstrasse 2, 8th, Tel. 40 00-86794.
- AUSTRIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: (Wirtschaftskammer Österreich).
Wiedner Hauptstrasse 63, 4th, Tel. 501 05-0
- AUSTRIAN PATENT OFFICE: Kohlmarkt 8-10, 1st, Tel. 534 24-0
- BERLITZ SPRACHSCHULEN: Language school. Graben 13, 1st, Tel. 512 82
- DHL WORLDWIDE EXPRESS: Courier services. Steingasse 6-8, 3rd,Tel.
- DUN & BRADSTREET INFORMATION SERVICES: Credit reports, marketing
information. Opernring 3-5, 1st, Tel. 588 61-0
- VIENNA INTERNATIONAL CENTRE (UNO). The IAEA and the UNIDO have their
headquarters here. Wagramer Strasse 5, 22nd, Tel. 211 31-0
- WORLD TRADE CENTER VIENNA AIRPORT: Schwechat. Flughafen Wien. Tel.
The unit of currency is the Austrian Schilling (abbreviated as AS, ATS or
ÖS). 100 Groschen equal 1 Schilling. Most common coins: 10 Groschen,
50 Groschen, 1 Schilling, 5 Schilling, 10 Schilling. Bills: 20 Schilling,
50 Schilling, 100 Schilling, 500 Schilling, 1000 Schilling, 5000 Schilling.
Many automatic currency exchange machines are located on and around Kärntner
Strasse, Graben, Stephansplatz and Kohlmarkt.